Welcome to my camp!


CREATING AN AVATAR




Welcome guys!


My name is Mary. I am an Indian American girl and I am 12 years old. I really like nature and animals. I live with my family in a Indian Camp far away from the city. There is not any school close to my camp so I have to use the Internet to communicate with my teacher and my friends. I learnt a lot about ICTs and new technologies and I would like to show you everything about I learnt.











Avatar like an helper to teach

There are many reasons to use and avatar with our students. First of all, Mary will be the principal character who is going to teach contents to our students in a different and fun way. As teachers, we think using avatar is a very motivated way to catch children's attention. An avatar is very useful to be a guide in the teaching-learning process to our students through the use of the ICTs.
Nowadays, technology is everywhere, so it is important we, as teachers, have to adequate our teaching methodology to our students promoting the incorporation of ICTs in the classroom to improve the development of digital competence.

How to create an Avatar 

To create an avatar, you can use many different apps. Some of them are free, but other you have to pay, so... Be careful!!!

Some apps to create an avatar are:


http://doppelme.com/



In my case, I used Voky. It is a "free" tool to create an avatar and really easy for children. In Voky you can choose the character and customize it. You can choose its skin colour, hair colour, mouth and add some accessories. Also, you can give it voice and your Avatar will say whatever you want. It is amazing!

The principal problem I found about Voky is not totally free when I wanted to use it in my blog, so I put the link to access to watch my avatar.
Hope all the information is useful for you!
See you soon!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard

My experience as Au Pair #Twima8

Content curation tools